Instead of using paper log sheets, pencils and clipboards, use AuditMatic handheld or tablet computers to get your manual data collection done right. AuditMatic lets water and waste-water plant operators collect rounds, readings, water quality measurements and other non-instrumented data without paper and pen. Readings, comments, photos and GPS coordinates are gathered digitally and send directly to your AuditMatic server or your Plant Historian without transcription delay or errors! View collected data on a map, export collected data to Excel or use AuditMatic reporting to view your collected data.
Read the use case details below, and call us to talk to one of our subject matter experts about your application.
Uses for AuditMatic in the Water/Wastewater Industry
- Operator Rounds
AuditMatic will improve the speed, accuracy and effectiveness of rounds-based data collection. Rather than simply replacing paper, AuditMatic provides operators with powerful new capabilities, including:
- Barcode tags to provide assurance that the data collection route was followed
- Image, sketch and signature capture to provide a richer context in reports
- Displaying instrument reading history trend data to the operator on the handheld
- stepping the operator through best practices when non-conformances are encountered
- sending e-mail alerts to maintenance and management personnel for escalation of non-conformances
- automated export of rounds data to Plant Historians and other back-end databases,eliminating transcription delay and errors.
Reports and charts can be created in AuditMatic to display both the content collected during rounds as well as the operator’s adherence to the overall collection schedule.
- Water Quality Data Collection
Chemical Treatment, Flow Summary ,Turbidity and Chlorine, and other reports required by regulatory bodies involve regular plant and lab data collection . While some facilities have these readings gathered automatically by a SCADA/HMI system, many facilites lack some or all of the instrumentation to automate this proccess. These facilities rely on plant operators and lab personnel to gather the data manually and enter it into the SCADA system or manually generate reports. With Auditmatic, data collection can be performed using handheld computers or tablets, and the collected data is stored in a database, allowing report generation tools to have timely, complete information. Auditmatic can “bridge the gap” between manual and fully automated dataa collection at a fraxction of the cost of a control system upgrade.
- HSE Inspections
Legacy HSE inspections and audit methods use clipboard and pen methods of observation and manual report genertion. Using AuditMatic, HSE inspections become faster, more thorough and the data collected is more easily analyzed and distributed. Auditmatic can add capabilites that paper forms can’t, including:
- Image capture
- Barcode location verification to ensure the data collection route is followed
- E-mail alerts to stakeholder when non-conformances are found
- Dashboard charting to show trends and recurring issues
- Auditmatic Task engine schedules data collection efforts, and ensures full complince with the data collection schedule
- Electronic Operator Logbooks
Control Rooms often use paper journals and notebooks for operators to make observations and notes during their shift. Incoming shifs must review these logs to be aware of unit conditions upon shift change. Using paper for this important process is prone to errors and omissions in the review work flow. Auditmatic can replace these paper books with a web-browser journal system. Using Auditmatic to replace paper logbooks ensures:
- Journal entries are legible and complete
- Data is accessible from any computer in the company
- Access to log reports can be limited to authorized personnel
- Incoming shift journal review is documented and verifiable.
- Collected data is stored in a secure, backed-up database, less prone to loss or damage
- Workplace Safety Audits
Workplace Safety Audits require documenting observations and recommended corrective items in a safety audit . AuditMatic allows observations to be made in the field, including camera capture of issues. Alerts to management can be sent, and review of reports can be required and documented. AuditmAtic eases the communicaion of the results of your audit to employees as well.